It was insufficient to carry the proper pressure needed to supply water to the house.
A couple of weeks ago, the rainy weather created terrible conditions and one of their cars slipped into the trench Sgt. Dave had dug and that carried our existing out-of-code pipe, they broke the pipe that carries water to our RV. By the time the crew left, it was a mess. However, you can see the other side of our acreage and the smooth road over there, such a difference between the home-site and the RV site.
We needed to get this trench line finished or we weren't getting water to the house.
So, Sgt. Dave has handled all the piping that runs to the house.
And I've learned that Schedule 40 pipe is ran beneath the ground for water piping and we used the recommended 1 1/2" pipe from the water main to the house. Any pipe extending out of the ground must be Schedule 80 pipe as it is heavy duty and less likely to break.
Our plumber, ran pipe throughout the house and he'll be connecting the pipe Sgt. Dave ran from the water main to the house.
We still need a septic system to be installed at the house. They were supposed to come install it about two weeks ago, but the foul weather prevents the heavy equipment from getting around on our land. Until things dry out for a few days, we won't be able to get things connected.
But, the good news is...I bought some sheetrock the other day, a bit of rolled insulation that will be on outer walls that need immediate insulating and can't wait for the overall blown-in foam insulation process.
I also bought some hardy concrete board (a knockoff) for us to begin some wet zone prepping for tile work and to have the counters ready for tiling.
These days, I take a look at things and can see that real leaps in progress are happening, but we've still got a LONG way to go before our house will be considered "finished."
I'm just thankful the trench lines are closed up and no one else's vehicle can slip into the trench on a rainy day.
Regardless, it's still an exciting process.